Talk Time / ESL Newspaper Reading Group Facilitator needed
6 people are interested
CISC's Eastside Senior Outreach Program is a volunteer-based program that is dedicated to providing activities and classes that promote health and well-being for older adults in East King County. We are looking for a weekly Talk Time/ESL Newspaper Reading Group Facilitator at the Issaquah Senior Center starting June 3, 2019. This is a great opportunity to help Chinese seniors learn English and empower them to stay active and social in the community.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be bi-lingual in English and Mandarin
- Facilitate a weekly class for at least 3 months
- Friendly, organized, outgoing, and patient
Orientation and training will be provided. For inquiries, please contact Meon Yu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Issaquah Senior Center75 NE Creek WayIssaquah, WA 98027
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week for at least 6 months.
- 1. Must be at least 18 years of age 2. Must be bi-lingual in English and Mandarin 3. Facilitate a weekly class for at least 3 months 4. Friendly, organized, outgoing, and patient