Firefighter - Leesburg Volunteer Fire Company
2 people are interested
Leesburg Volunteer Fire Company is always looking for energetic and motivated volunteers to join our team!
We are one of the busiest stations in the county, responding to nearly 5,000 fire and emergency medical related calls annually. Dispatches range from relatively minor emergencies such as fire alarms or slips and falls to large scale incidents like cardiac arrests, auto accidents, hazardous material releases, structure fires and train derailments (metro coming).
Description of Duties:
- Prepares citizens to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs
- Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants; requesting and expediting repairs; verifying repair
- Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms; driving and operating equipment; regulating water pressure; combating and extinguishing fires; rescuing and reviving people
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshop[s; studying publications; participating in scheduled drills
- Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Below is a brief list of the many perks and benefits we can offer to our volunteers:
- FREE Fire and/or EMS training
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $4,000)
- Retirement Benefit
- Health Insurance
- Loudoun County Credit Union
- Reduced personal property tax / Free County tax sticker
- Local business discounts
- Non-operational administrative volunteer opportunities
- Numerous other tangible benefits PLUS a sense of accomplishment, community, family, and camaraderie.
Firefighter Skills and Qualifications:
Lifting, Physical Fitness, decision Making, Handles Pressure, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgement, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Safety Management. Must be Committed**Call or Text 571-442-2801***
We'll work with your schedule.
Leesburg Volunteer Fire Company215 Loudoun St SWLeesburg, VA 20175
- Disaster Response
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Search & Rescue
- First Aid / CPR
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 12 hours a week minimum running calls. 6P-6A. Initial Firefighter training requires two evenings a week and one weekend day.
- Pass a physical which is provided. Clear background checks. Complete Firefighter training which is provided