Director of Programs
IT TAKES TWO, INC
Director of Programs
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Programs will be responsible for the operational success of IT TAKES TWO, INC ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the Director of Programs will manage a growing staff of three (3). The Director of Programs will be a key external face of IT TAKES TWO, INC in the community.
Team Management and Development:
- Cultivate existing relationships with vendors with the goal of ensuring sufficient space and resources and access to services.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
Program Operational Management:
- Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff;
- Implement a professional development program to address volunteer experience and skill gaps;
- Work with CEO to develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all program volunteer staff;
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards;
- Recruit, secure, and oversee training and orientation of all program volunteer staff members in partnership with CEO
- Using the existing balanced score card and program dashboard; establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop existing and new programs. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the CEO and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred
- At least 7 years of experience with three of those in a team management role;
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs;
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience developing and implementing program evaluation systems;
- Strong project management skills managing projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth;
- Strength in recruiting, securing, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for IT TAKES TWO, INC’s mission
About IT TAKES TWO, INC
PO BOX 787, GAMBRILLS, MD 21054, US
IT TAKES TWO, INC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of young people and increasing the opportunities of youth in and around Anne Arundel and Prince George’s County and the greater Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. Our mission is to enhance the educational experiences for young people from single parent households by awarding scholarships to address a variety of basic as well as expansive educational needs. It is our goal to promote the significance of education, build self-awareness, and encourage our youth; ultimately creating tomorrow's leaders today.
Our vision is simple: to create tomorrow’s leader today, one community at a time.
In our committment to improving the educational journey of students living in single parent homes, our scholarships are awarded to students in grade four through college. We feel that by starting in fourth grade we can begin to cultivate an attitude of academic excellence; we can start to formulate students' thinking so that once they reach high school they are prepared to pursue higher education opportunities with increased ease.
Five scholarships are awarded each year. Currently, we are serving Prince George's and Anne Arundel County (MD). Each year we seek to add a new county until we have served the entire Maryland, Virginia, and DC area.
Students' social and emotional well-being is important to their academic success; therefore, we host workshops that address topics such as bullying, financial literacy, how to find and apply for scholarships, and effective resume writing and interview etiquette skills.