3 people are interested
Development Committee Member
3 people are interested
Development Committee Role
The Development committee sets the vision for and manages the overall fundraising strategy of Cambridge Neighbors.
- The Development Committee is a standing committee established annually by the Board of Directors.
- The Development Committee reports to the Board of Directors.
- The Chair is to be determined by the Committee annually.
Composition and Term of Service
- The committee will have a minimum of four members.
- One Board Member will be assigned to the committee as the board liaison and shall not have the role of Committee Chair.
- The terms of service will be one year, with opportunities for serving additional terms.
- Work with the Executive Director to define the short-term and long-term funding needs of CN.
- Contribute to and review a fundraising plan to ensure progress toward annual and long-range funding goals.
- Set priorities for fundraising efforts; evaluate plans and strategies; and present outcomes to Board of Directors, as appropriate.
- Work with Executive Director to identify and solicit funds from external sources of support including, but not limited to: foundations, corporations, community organizations, and individuals.
- Support the organization through the planning and implementation of fundraising events and campaigns.
- Encourage participation by the full Board in fundraising efforts.
- Identify and recruit community leaders to serve with Board members on the Development Committee.
- Engage in advocacy and networking.
Committee Member Expectations
- Attend and participate in regular Development Committee meetings.
- Prepare adequately for meetings in order to make informed decisions.
- Making an annual financial gift to CN.
Time Commitment: 5 - 10 hours per month.
About Cambridge Neighbors
545 Concord Ave, Suite 104, Cambridge, MA 02138, US
Our mission is to create for our members peace of mind so that they can continue to enjoy urban life in a multi-generational and multi-cultural setting in their homes.
Cambridge Neighbors (CN) is a cooperative community formed to ensure the timely availability of services similar to those of a retirement community. We have a professional staff that provides members with access to evaluated suppliers who will provide prompt service at known costs. This centralized service means that members have timely help available as challenges or emergencies arise at home. With a phone call or an email, CN members will get help from friendly, competent staff in areas like transportation, health, social activities and home maintenance so they can remain safely and confidently in their homes as they age.
545 Concord Ave, Suite 104Cambridge, MA 02138
August 24, 2021
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5 - 10 hours a month
- some experience in fundraising/development with emphasis on major donors