Volunteer: Running & Fundraising Coordinator
Status: Part time
Go Laadli is a non-profit 501c(3) organization dedicated to empowering young women to become problem solvers, leaders, and change makers. We do that through investing in their education, providing life-changing leadership opportunities, and by catalyzing changes in social attitudes. Our vision is a world where each girl is empowered to unlock her highest leadership potential, realize her dreams, and be an agent of change.
Our organization is staffed 100% by local and international volunteers who work remotely and are dedicated to the mission and vision.
Are you a runner, with a knack for coordinating a running group, maintaining team morale and leading a fundraising effort to support a truly worthy cause? Does the empowerment of young girls sound like a cause you’d be passionate about? If yes, we have the perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
Go Laadli is seeking a part time, remote Fundraising Coordinator to help us meet our fundraising goals.
The focus of the fundraising coordinator is to help raise money for our 2021 scholarship fund by recruiting, engaging, and motivating volunteers to join Go Laadli Runners - our running team, and coordinating the activities of fellow running/fundraising volunteers. This key role will be responsible for updating fundraising totals, and providing records and verifications to our CEO.
So now that you’re excited about this project, let us tell you what’s involved...
- You will recruit fellow volunteers to participate in our fundraising campaign through running and training efforts nationally.
- You will monitor social media for the fundraising group and fundraising volunteers to ensure regular updates and timely communication
- You will run weekly, and while training for running, provide inspiration and motivation to your fellow volunteers and runners to continue striving towards their goals
- You will have knowledge of running best practices, or be willing to research and provide training tips to follow volunteers
- You will have familiarity with various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others
- You will monitor progress of the running teams running + fundraising efforts, update donor database and provide regular updates to our CEO on fundraising totals, and status of fundraising goal completion
What we are looking for in candidates:
- Passion for helping women- High degree of professionalism
- Good judge of character
- Inspiring and enthusiastic personality
- Highly ethical nature
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Awareness of confidentiality issues
This position is purely remote.
You are excited about this opportunity, but want to know how much time commitment is involved. Not to worry! The Expected Time Commitment isn’t overwhelming. In fact -Timeframe
- Social media and communication updates with the CEO: approximately 4 hours per week
- Running, training and motivating others: approximately 6 hours per week (but you already do this anyway, so now you’re just doing it for a great cause!)
This position will start January end 2021, with the first major fundraising miles down to be completed in April 2021, and the project to wrap up at the end of July 2021.
Submit a cover letter & resume to: email@example.com