Help Us Take Care of Military Families Serving Our Country
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Help Us Help Our Nations’ Finest; Military Families That Are Serving Our Country
- By checking on military families that had to bring their servicemember home due to an emergency. This is a part of our Critical Community Services, where we contact families to make sure their servicemember made it home safely and determine if additional support is required. This is the final step of our turnkey approach where we close the loop to make sure that the American Red Cross has provided the best possible service to our military clients. It can be very rewarding and usually ends with the client thanking us for helping them during a difficult time.
- By providing information to new military families on how to access our Emergency Communications Services. New military families are not aware of this service, how to access it, and what information is required to help us locate their servicemember in case of an emergency. We want military families to have this information before they need it as part of our ongoing preparedness efforts. This involves a brief 5-minute call that highlights the key points and vital information that families should have readily available should an emergency develop. Families are often very grateful that the American Red Cross took the time to call and thank them for their service while also providing some very useful information.
Work at your own pace in our office or at home using our case management system. Whenever you have time, you simply accept a case from our queue and start engaging our military families. It may require several attempts to contact the family; however, once contacted each case takes approximately 15 -20 minutes.
1. Strong interpersonal and phone skills along with empathy and compassion to help family members that are facing an emergency.
2. Desire to help new military families understand our emergency communications services.
3. Complete online training followed by in-person training.
4. Basic computer skills and ability to use our case management system (training will be provided).
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
601 NE 6th StreetAmerican Red CrossOklahoma CityOklahoma City, OK 73104
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Work at your own pace in our office or at home using our case management system. Whenever you have time, you simply accept a case from our queue and start engaging our military families.
- • Strong interpersonal and phone skills along with empathy and compassion to help family members that are facing an emergency. • Desire to help new military families understand our emergency communications services.