Friendly Visitor (1:1 Visitor) Volunteer
6 people are interested
Friendly Visitor (1:1 Visitor)
A Friendly Visitor interacts with residents in Broadmead’s skilled nursing care area (Hallowell Hall) and/or assisted living area (Taylor Hall) to provide socialization and recreation.
Volunteers can interact with residents in a number of ways such as:
* conversing with a resident about their interests, the weather, etc.
* reading a newspaper, magazine, or book
* playing cards checkers or other games
* participating with the resident in in Lifestyle activity
Before you leave for the day, we ask that you fill out a brief tracking form so we know what residents you visited with.
Reports to: Sara Moore, Volunteer Coordinator
Time Commitment: At least 2 hours per week
Location: Hallowell Hall and/or Taylor Hall
We'll work with your schedule.
13801 York RoadCockeysville, MD 21030
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: At least 2 hours per week
- Qualifications and Training: All volunteers must complete a Volunteer Packet and attend a New Volunteer Orientation before they are able to begin volunteering.