Food Tech For The Future: Growing Digital Farmers
The purpose of this project is to bring food computer and digital farming education to local high schools to inspire curiosity and promote food tech innovation. Utilizing food computer blueprints and open-sourced networking, this project intends on creating a food computer lab within a local high school, where students will be able to conduct experiments, replicate experimental data, and apply their knowledge to a small-scale digital farm located within the lab.
The purpose of the computer/robotics specialists will be to provide this project with technical support, assist in the building of food computers, and designing the technical system for the digital farm.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a food computer- utilizing blueprints from MIT
- Connect the student system to the open-source network provided by MIT
- Assist in ongoing maintenance of computer(s)
- Be consistently available and responsive to the AZSA team and Program Manager
- Report all progress and information back to AZSA Program Manager
- Experience building computers
- Experience designing technical systems
- Interest in learning about food technology/food computers
Time commitment: Approximately 5-10 Hours Per Week from January-April
We'll work with your schedule.
Phoenix Metropolitan AreaPhoenix, AZ 85004
- Approximately 5-10 Hours Per Week from January-April