Museum Board of Directors opportunity
15 people are interested
The emerging Museum of Humanity Los Angeles is looking for new a Board member to join its team and to help the founding Board make this museum a reality.
MOHLA is a multi-disciplinary engagement platform that celebrates the greatest human endeavors across time. Its programs blend art, culture, science, history, and philosophy to inspire generations around the world and to foster a global conversation, drawing wisdom from the past and excitement for the future. MOHLA creates transforming experiences by combining traditional museum practices with immersive technologies, and presenting dynamic programs that include pop-up exhibitions, talks, documentaries, symposia, and community events. By doing so, the museum seeks to introduce diverse audiences to the most inspiring human achievements from around the world, building a vision for a future filled with hope and promise.
MOHLA's MISSION and GOALS:
Our mission is to serve the public by exhibiting and interpreting the greatest human endeavors across time, inspiring wonder, empathy and responsibility for the global challenges we face today.
MOHLA is committed to fulfilling its mission by:
- CREATING an exploratory experience, exhibiting the best of human endeavor around the world
- SHOWCASING humanity’s ability to seek solutions to pressing global problems
- PROVIDING a comprehensive multi-platform educational experience
- BUILDING a virtual museum extending MOHLA’s outreach to educate and inspire the global community
- ACTING as a catalyst of local economic growth and social change
To request the information package about MOHLA, please contact Marina Erfle, Planning Manger, at firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
2254 S Figueroa StLos Angeles, CA 90007
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Public Advocacy
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- The Board of MOHLA meets 4 times a year, however, there are also regular Committee and task force meetings propelling this emerging museum forward
- previous experience serving on the Board of a cultural organization is preferred.