Conservation Volunteers - Greening the Lower Susquehanna (Dauphin, Lebanon, and Lancaster Counties)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
42 people are interested
- Youth and adult volunteers interested in improving the local environment and water resources!
- Help with stream side tree plantings, potting tree seedlings, litter clean-ups, rain garden plantings, providing maintenance on previous planting sites, and more.
- Come to one or more of the many opportunities planned on weekends in spring, early summer, and fall.
- Respond to this notice to be put on our contact list and be informed of opportunities as they are scheduled.
- Opportunities in Dauphin, Lebanon, and Lancaster Counties (PA)
- This is a great opportunity for individuals and groups!
About Penn State Extension - Dauphin Co.
1451 Peters Mountain Rd, Dauphin, PA 17018, US
Penn State Extension is an educational network that gives people in Pennsylvania's 67 counties access to the University's resources and expertise.
Helps individuals, families, businesses, and communities throughout Pennsylvania with information and a broad range of educational programs designed to:
- Support productive, profitable, and competitive businesses and a strong agriculture and food system
- Strengthen families, children and youth, and the elderly
- Build caring, safe, and healthy communities
- Ensure the long-term vitality of Pennsylvania's natural resources
- Enable people to better understand and deal with complex public issues
What is Extension?
It is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and state and county governments. Through this county-based partnership, Penn State Extension educators, faculty, and local volunteers work together to share unbiased, research-based information with local residents.
Here are just a few of the many ways Penn State Extension can help:
- Managing time and stress
- Enhancing employment opportunities
- Maintaining your home
- Improving nutrition, diet, and health
- Developing the potential of youth through 4-H
- Becoming a master gardener
- Improving the lives of the elderly
- Managing family resources
- Making sound and economical nutrition and food choices
- Preparing and preserving food safely
- Improving your parenting skills
- Caring for children and seniors
- Balancing work and family
- Gardening and landscaping
- Increasing agricultural profitability
- Evaluating community and regional resources
- Delivering quality child care
- Certifying food safety
- Troubleshooting production problems
- Starting home-based businesses
- Preparing tax forms properly
- Using technology appropriately
- Supporting the food and forest products industries
- Strengthening community leadership
- Revitalizing communities through economic development
- Expanding and retaining businesses
- Educating county and local officials
- Improving community relations
- Managing water, soil, and forest resources
- Promoting cooperation among agencies
We'll work with your schedule.
1383 Arcadia RdLancaster, PA 17601
- Water Recreation
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- People 55+
- Our events are generally one-day opportunities for 2-3 hours
- Anyone under the age of 18 is welcome but must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or approved chaperone of part of a youth group.