Self Service Room Customer Service Assistant: Bloomington
1 person is interested
Primary Responsibilities of Volunteer:
- Greet clients as they enter the Self Service Room and inquire how they can assist them or what they (the customer) needs assistance with.
- Confirm client has a ticket and inquire what it is
- Inform clients about the Self Service Room and services offered.
- Logging on to MNsure account or calling MNsure numbers that provide assistance to clients.
- Answer general questions about services.
- Print and copy documents.
- Assist clients with housing and job searches as needed.
- Assist staff with routine clerical tasks / projects, i.e. update brochures, bulletin boards, keeping the work areas clean and orderly.
- At the end of shift sanitize all stations that are not being used with wipes (this includes desk top, keyboard, mouse, and phone), remove garbage from stations, and put pens back into container.
- If the volunteer is bi-lingual he/she may choose to use those skills to briefly assist individuals with limited English
- Other tasks as defined or assigned.
- Good listening and communication skills
- The ideal applicant will be friendly and enjoy meeting people
- Ability to evaluate situation to gather needed information
- Good judgment and decision making skills in assessing various situations
- Respect for confidentiality of customers
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- A sense of responsibility toward the position demonstrated by good attendance and punctuality
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Positive attitude
- Respect for the multicultural nature of the customers including their dress, religious beliefs, and language
- Must be 18 years or older and pass a standard background check
- One or more 3-4 hour shift(s) during the weekday, Monday - Friday Shifts 10-2 or 2-5.
- With a three or more month commitment.
The volunteer is supported by the on-site staff members available to provide guidance and respond to questions and special situations. A Coordinator of Volunteers assists with volunteer service agreement, provides most training, and manages other volunteer program matters.
- Volunteers gain experience working with individuals from various ethnic, language, and cultural backgrounds
- Volunteers gain experience assisting staff and greeting clients in a county government Human Services Department office setting
- Human Services training opportunities are available at no cost
- Free ramp parking
- Volunteers can be reimbursed monthly for related transportation expenses within allowable limits by completing a request form
- Invitation to attend annual volunteer recognition event along with occasional OMNI Theater tickets offers
- Letters of recommendation can be written on request
- Performance reviews are provided by a Coordinator of Volunteers with input from on-site staff members
Apply directly: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=787250092
We'll work with your schedule.
9600 Aldrich Ave SBloomington, MN 55420
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- • One or more 3-4 hour shift(s) during the weekday, Monday – Friday Shifts 10-2 or 2-5. • With a three or more month commitment.