Firefighter - Purcellville Volunteer Fire
Purcellville Volunteer Fire Company(PVFC) is a non-profit organization established to provide a variety of fire and other emergency services to the Town of Purcellville and surrounding area. We currently operate as a combination organization with the Loudoun County Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management system with 120+ volunteer members and 9 career firefighters. Both men and women, between the ages of 16 and 60, staff our trucks, provide administrative support, and offer a variety of emergency services to the community.
Description of Duties:
- Prepares citizens to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs
- Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants; requesting and expediting repairs; verifying repair
- Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms; driving and operating equipment; regulating water pressure; combating and extinguishing fires; rescuing and reviving people
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshop[s; studying publications; participating in scheduled drills
- Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Firefighter Skills and Qualifications:
Lifting, Physical Fitness, decision Making, Handles Pressure, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgement, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Safety Management
We'll work with your schedule.
Purcellville Volunteer Fire & Rescue Squad500 N. Maple AVePurcellville, VA 20134
- Disaster Response
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Search & Rescue
- First Aid / CPR
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hours a week minimum running calls. 6P-6A. Initial Firefighter training requires two evenings a week and one weekend day
- Pass a physical which is provided. Clear background checks. Complete Firefighter training which is provided.