Spring 2019 Accounting Internship - interviewing now!
The IIIC offers an internship through its Finance Department to students. This is an unpaid internship, but we are happy to assist in any requirements that would qualify an eligible intern for course credit.
The Accounting Intern's primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to the Finance Manager. Interns should be interested in this professional experience for the opportunity to gain experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, budgeting, month-end closing and auditing.
- A minimum commitment of 14 hours per week is required
- Days are flexible depending on student schedule and internship manager needs
- Spring Term: Jan 4 - May 31
- Enter invoices into QuickBooks by class and process payments on a weekly basis
- Enter payment receipts via checks, credit card and PayPal into QuickBooks
- Accounts Receivable reconciliation
- Work with Finance Manager to close out the month by providing updates to prepaid schedules, monthly payments to vendors, accruals, restricted/unrestricted funds etc.
- Audit schedules and preparation as needed
- internal control including planning, executing, and completing
- determine accuracy of information and data
- Administrative duties as needed, filing, mailing etc.
- Other duties as necessary
- Pursuing a degree in accounting/accounting concentration
- Must have good research, analytical skills and be creative
- Organization, attention to detail and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to work in a flexible, dynamic environment
- Ability to work respectfully in a multicultural environment
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
ABOUT THE IRISH INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRANT CENTER
We empower over 3,500 immigrants and refugees annually from more than 120 countries by providing the legal, wellness and educational support they need to build successful lives. Building on our Irish roots of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers find community, and we stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. America is a nation of immigrants, and despite the current political climate, we are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all.
Our vision is of a society where all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities and protections. Rooted in the Irish tradition of hospitality, we work to create a safe and welcoming place for people from around the world who come to our Center.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also need to complete our online application form, which can be found at: https://fs24.formsite.com/koboyleiicenterorg/form1/index.html.
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please visit www.iiicenter.org
The Irish International Immigrant Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.
One State StreetSuite 800Boston, MA 02109
- Must be at least 18
- 16 hours per weel