1 person is interested
The St. Anthony’s Free Clothing Program (FCP) is San Francisco’s largest free clothing program, serving up to 150 men, women and children per day. It is our mission at FCP to provide our guests, who are mostly homeless or low-income, with not only high quality and hygienic clothing, but also with a positive and dignified shopping experience. We would not be able to complete this mission without the help of our hard working, and dedicated volunteers!
Many of our guests come to the Free Clothing Program seeking clean and appropriate clothing for job interviews. One of our guests named Steven B. said it best: "I don’t even feel comfortable filling out a job application, let alone going on a job interview, because my clothes are dirty and smelly." To address these needs, the Free Clothing Program recently launched the Suit Room, which provides individuals on the job hunt with a brand new suit and dress shoes to help them feel confident and prepared for job interviews.
The Suit Specialist will be a volunteer lead in our Free Clothing Program Suit Room. The Suit Specialist will work independently with our guests by identifying their clothing sizes and helping them find a suit that is appropriate for a job interview or other special occasions. You will help guests not only walk out with a well fitted suit, but give them a confidence boost!
Duties & Tasks:
- Welcome guests to the suit room and review appointment process.
- Ensure that guests fill out any necessary paperwork including welcome form and photo releases.
- Assist and instruct guests on how to determine their clothing sizes.
- Assist and instruct guests on how to put together an appropriate job interview outfit.
- Record clothing items and sizes that guests take home.
- Assist with maintaining a fully stocked Suit Room.
- Maintain a clean and professional shopping environment.
- Customer service or retail experience preferred but not required.
- Sewing or alteration experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to be professional, polite, and tactful with our guests and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to successfully volunteer with a diverse client population including people who are homeless and/or low-income, and people with physical and/or mental health disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent volunteer habits: professional, punctual, reliable, cooperative and team oriented.
- Ability to volunteer with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Adherence to guidelines explained in the Volunteer/Intern Handbook.
- Commitment to St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values and desire to volunteer for a social service agency serving people who are homeless and low-income.
Must be able to commit for a minimum of 6 months.
Shifts available on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday and Thursday of every month from 8:30am-11am.
We'll work with your schedule.
121 Golden Gate AvenueSan Francisco, CA 94102
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month commitment