INTERNSHIP - Communication/Marketing Intern
9 people are interested
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES INCLUDES SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Write stories for newsletters, web site, social media, e-marketing tools, and other promotional materials
- Interview visitors and others for story content
- Take photos
- Update social media
- Assist with event planning as needed
- Research marketing and event related information
- Assist with proposal writing and development
- Assist with programming professional/ cultural for itineraries as needed
NUMBER OF HOURS REQUIRED: Flexible 10-15 hours per week depending on the intern’s class and work schedule. Our office hours are Monday - Thursday, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Internship is not compensated.
- Strong writing abilities (writing sample required);
- Analytical skills;
- Creative bent;
- Great interest in the international community and/or travel and/or international relations and related topics;
- Photography and/or design skills a plus
- Orientation to goals and operation of IF
- Review of expectations for the intern position with director
BENEFITS OF INTERNSHIP AT IF
Our marketing interns play a critical part in helping to facilitate our mission to promote mutual understanding between the people of NC and the international community through education, cultural exchange programs, arts, and the celebration of achievements. Not only will you learn about our visitors and their countries, you will also learn about the abundant resources in the Research Triangle area. This internship allows you to network with people in the community as well as from abroad. In addition, you will develop important office and communication skills. This is a great opportunity to build your resume.
International Focus, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership organization based in Raleigh, N.C. Through facilitating US State Dept funded exchange programs and our flagship event, the International Festival of Raleigh, IF aims to support multiculturalism and diversity within the research triangle area.
The focus of this position is to assist in marketing our programs and events through our newsletter, webpage, and social media.
Please send cover letter and resume attention to DeAnne Dotson, Volunteer and Intern Coordinator; DDotson@InternaionalFocusNC.org; 919-782-0552
4000 Blue Ridge RoadSuite 140Raleigh, NC 27612
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Must be at least 21
- Flexible 10-15 hours per week
- Flexible 10-15 hours per week depending on intern's work and school schedule.