INTERNSHIP - Exchange Program Associate
3 people are interested
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES INCLUDES SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Research professional resources and current cultural events in Research Triangle Area
- Contact local resources to arrange professional meetings for international participants
- Assist with narratives and proposals for upcoming programs
- Assist with International Focus Newsletter
- Assist with social media
- Assist with database entry
- Help design and plan for IF socials and community events
- Administrative support, such as: answering phones, helping with mailings, welcoming visitors, filing programs
- Prepare local programs and welcome packets
- Meet with International Visitors whenever possible (great opportunity to network with North Carolina professionals and international leaders)
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Program Director.NUMBER OF HOURS REQUIRED: Flexible 10-15 hours/week
*Our normal business hours are Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 5:00 pm (some events may require attendance on weekends or evenings according to programming needs).
Internship is not compensated.
BENEFITS OF INTERNSHIP AT IF
The focus of the position is to assist in planning and organizing international exchange programs of international visitors coming to the Raleigh area. Our programming interns play a critical part in helping to facilitate these exchanges. Not only will you learn about the visitors and their countries, you will also learn about the abundant resources in the Research Triangle area. This internship allows you to network with people in the community as well as from abroad. In addition, you will develop important office and communication skills. This is a great opportunity to build your resume promote international and cross-cultural understanding.
International Focus, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership organization based in Raleigh, N.C. Through facilitating US State Dept funded exchange programs and our flagship event, the International Festival of Raleigh, IF aims to support multiculturalism and diversity within the research triangle area.
Please send cover letter and resume attention to DeAnne Dotson, Volunteer and Intern Coordinator; DDotson@InternaionalFocusNC.org; 919-782-0552
4000 Blue Ridge RoadSuite 140Raleigh, NC 27612
- Technical Writing
- Resource Development / Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 21
- Flexible 10-15 hours/week
- Flexible 10-15 hours per week depending on intern's work and school schedule.