Urban Agriculture Education Intern
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
The Urban Agriculture Education Intern would support projects that serve our partner schools in Durham and Raleigh. These projects include: grant research, curriculum data base research, and garden design. Additionally, the Urban Ag Ed Intern will create educational materials that directly support our school-based programs. This internship is mostly administrative, and requires an excellent sense of organization. This internship will be based in Durham, but also has flexibility in working remotely on several of the research projects.
* Research and summarize garden and school-wellness grants
* Research and record garden-based activities that meet national and NC Common Core education standards
* Review, edit, and research school garden design plans and processes
* Create educational materials that support Urban Ag Ed programs
* High organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, manage time, and meet deadlines.
* Confident in a research capacity, especially in education and horticulture
* Strong outdoor education background preferred: horticulture, agriculture, ag education, or environmental sciences
* Must be able to commit to a minimum of one 4 hour work day a week at the Durham or Raleigh Garden office
TIME COMMITMENT: 10-15 hours per week; September - December
TO APPLY: Submit application, cover letter, and resume to Susan Meador, Volunteer Services Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line: Urban Ag Ed Internship.
About Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
1001 Blair Drive, Suite 120, Raleigh, NC 27603, US
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community.
As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 35% of which is fresh produce. From BackPack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 10-acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach, and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.