Urban Agriculture Education Intern
The Urban Agriculture Education Intern would support projects that serve our partner schools in Durham and Raleigh. These projects include: grant research, curriculum data base research, and garden design. Additionally, the Urban Ag Ed Intern will create educational materials that directly support our school-based programs. This internship is mostly administrative, and requires an excellent sense of organization. This internship will be based in Durham, but also has flexibility in working remotely on several of the research projects.
* Research and summarize garden and school-wellness grants
* Research and record garden-based activities that meet national and NC Common Core education standards
* Review, edit, and research school garden design plans and processes
* Create educational materials that support Urban Ag Ed programs
* High organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, manage time, and meet deadlines.
* Confident in a research capacity, especially in education and horticulture
* Strong outdoor education background preferred: horticulture, agriculture, ag education, or environmental sciences
* Must be able to commit to a minimum of one 4 hour work day a week at the Durham or Raleigh Garden office
TIME COMMITMENT: 10-15 hours per week; January - May
TO APPLY: Submit application, cover letter, and resume to Urban Agriculture Education Manager, Ayn Corrigan at Ayn@foodshuttle.org. Use the subject line: Urban Ag Ed Internship.
1001 Blair Drive, Suite 120Inter-Faith Food ShuttleRaleighRaleigh, NC 27603
- Orientation or Training
- 10 - 15 hours per week; January - May