Become an Activity Host with Autism Home Base Durham!
Autism Home Base Durham is looking for volunteers to be our Activity Hosts! You have the option to choose from 1-2 hour weekday, evening and weekend time slots at various locations in Durham Region. Here at AHBD, we customize your volunteer opportunity around your schedule and interests.
You are organized, friendly and reasonably tech savvy. Sense of humour, joie de vivre, welcoming and non-judgmental attitude a must! Familiarity with Autism Spectrum Disorder is an asset.
In this role, you will:
- Arrive 15 min before activity
- Greet families on arrival
- Distribute Member news
- Participate in the activity
- Welcome new families
- Facilitate member registration process
- Take photos of activity in action
- Audit program for Member satisfaction
- Flag and report on any concerns
- Report monthly by phone or email re attendance
- Contribute your ideas and insights to seasonal planning process
Requirements: Police Vulnerable Sector Check/Screening at in-person interview.
Interested? Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Your resume + 2 references
- Cover letter why this sounds like a good fit for you + your availability
Want to learn more about us? Visit our website and Facebook page for more information!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1188 Church StreetNewcastle, ON L1B 1C5Canada
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20