Seed to Supper Internship
1 person is interested
NC Seed to Supper (S2S) is a comprehensive beginning gardening course focused on low budget strategies to grow delicious, nutrient-dense food and grow a community of neighborhood gardeners. This program gives novice gardeners the tools they need to connect with like-minded community gardeners and successfully grow a portion of their own food on a limited budget. The Inter-Faith Food Shuttle partners with satellite organizations affiliated with food banks, housing authorities, community centers and other hunger-relief agencies to host S2S.
As a S2S intern, you will help us connect communities of gardeners and empower individuals to take control of their diets and greenspace to grow high quality foods for themselves and their families. The S2S intern will work to help teach courses, organize resources for participants, recruit participants and facilitators, and measure the success of the program through surveys.
● Recruitment of participants and volunteer program facilitators.
● Organize materials and resources for program use and distribution.
● Administer evaluation surveys by email, phone, and in person.
● Teach, organize and assist with on-site programming.
● Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
● Confident working with adults of different ability levels as well as work effectively with staff, volunteers, and participants in a cross cultural, multi-disciplinary environment.
● Interest in environmental education and/or community organizing, including horticulture, agriculture and non-profit management.
● Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
TIME COMMITMENT: 10 - 15 hours a week, some Saturdays required (January - March).
COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid/volunteer internship.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to Jacob Rutz (email@example.com) and use the subject line: Seed to Supper Intern
1001 Blair Drive, Suite 120Inter-Faith Food ShuttleRaleighRaleigh, NC 27603
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 10 - 15 hours per week