Grocery Bags for Seniors Intern
4 people are interested
The Senior Grocery Bags Intern reports directly to the Senior Nutrition Program Manager. The intern assists the Program Manager in overseeing the weekday/weekend office, warehouse, and health education operations of the program.
Interns must be willing to commit to working at least 2, 5-hour Saturday morning shifts per month. There is opportunity for more hours for interns who are willing to help coordinate workshops and cooking demos at sites that receive bags.
This position is ideal for a student studying nutrition or public health who is interested in serving our growing senior population and learning more about the specific challenges that this population faces with hunger and malnutrition.
- Assist with food sourcing for the program by sorting through food drive donations and allocating food to the program.
- Research healthy recipe and menus for senior population based on food available for the program. 8
- Coordinate and supervise volunteer experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills:the ability to work effectively with volunteers in a cross cultural, multi-disciplinary environment
- Must be able to provide their own transportation and be comfortable working in a warehouse setting and may be required to lift up to 50lbs within the responsibilities of their role.
TIME COMMITMENT: 8-10 hours per week.
COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid internship.
To Apply: Submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Susan Meador, Volunteer Services Director, Susan@foodshuttle.org
About Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
1001 Blair Drive, Suite 120, Raleigh, NC 27603, US
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community.
As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 35% of which is fresh produce. From BackPack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 10-acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach, and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.
We'll work with your schedule.
1001 Blair Drive, Suite 120Inter-Faith Food ShuttleRaleighRaleigh, NC 27603
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training