DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Are you skilled in a variety of maintenance trade areas? Do you have leadership or training skills? Do you have experience with various tools and equipment used to maintain facilities?
Do you desire to impact people’s lives through the work you do? With your help, the JAARS center will be properly maintained so that we all can focus on making Bible translation possible! Contact us today!
Supervise maintenance personnel and their work to ensure proper equipment, safety procedures, and needed resources are available.
- This is a 1.0 FTE (40 hrs.) position for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Supervise or perform maintenance work
- Schedule and assign work orders and job duties and monitor performance to specified standards
- Provide documentation, convey information, and coordinate the work to complete projects
- Collaborate with site personnel, other trades, and subcontractors
- Requisition repairs of building utility systems
- Schedule preventative maintenance of equipment and facilities
- Maintain heating and cooling units and fire protection systems
- Ensure that proper safety protocol is being followed
- Encourage staff development of additional trade skills and abilities
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Well-rounded maintenance background
- Specific skills in a trade preferred
- Some management experience helpful
- Ability to lead and guide other maintenance workers in planning and managing projects
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally-appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief--and the vision--that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of full-time missionaries, dedicated volunteers and even a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally, and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
We'll work with your schedule.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
- Facilities Management
- Inventory Management
- People 55+