SIT: Community Site Liaison, Kenilworth, NJ
1 person is interested
SIT Community Site Liaison - Kenilworth, NJCategory:
Community EngagementTravel Required:
various in KenilworthBackground Check:
YesWill Train Applicant(s):
Will Train Applicant(s)Expected length of volunteering:
NoExpected Hours of Work: (include any mandatory meeting times with time zone)
3-5 hours/weekPosition Type:
VolunteerDate & Time (VM)
FlexibleDriver’s License Needed
NoOrientation or training needed?
YesMin. age required?
The primary responsibility of this position is to engage with the community to help JerseySTEM launch and operate STEM clubs for middle school youth.Description: Role and Responsibilities JerseySTEM runs year round Saturday morning and after school STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) programs for middle school children (grades 5 - 8) in partnership with the community at local libraries in Northern NJ. Classes are taught by local volunteers and college students provided by JerseySTEM and are designed to familiarize the children with robotics, coding, etc. We are looking for a local site lead to support the current locations in Kenilworth NJ and help with expansion plans to reach as many middle school children as possible, with a focus on underserved students.
● Assess locations to determine ability to support JerseySTEM programs
● Work with site staff to establish dates, times and program requirements
● Oversee/chaperone club meetings (2 hours/week)
● Establish and maintain class rosters for each site, location and class offering
● Upon program completion, meet with site to assess program
● Establish new programs by reaching out to local libraries, schools and community centers
● Ability to manage and coordinate activities between JerseySTEM and local communities.
Candidate should be well organized, have an outgoing style and strong relationship building skills, and be willing to reach out and engage the local community via phone, email and on-site.
This is a year-round position, with the heaviest involvement at the beginning of the spring and fall semesters (Sept/Oct and Jan/Feb); able to commit to 4 -5 hours week during this time.Qualifications and Education Requirements
Familiar with community locations and organizations
Interest in promoting STEM programsOther Duties:
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.
We'll work with your schedule.
TBDKenilworth, NJ 07033
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours/week
- this is a long term position. Min requirement of 1 year, but we would love if you stayed longer!