College Programs VISTA Member
3 people are interested
AWU College Programs VISTA Member
Make a difference helping low-Income college students succeed! The mission of the ALL WAYS UP Foundation (AWU), www.allwaysup.org, is to help first-generation and low-income youth get into AND through college. By providing scholarships, support for other non-profit organizations and an annual leadership summit, we are working to bridge the gap between ambition and opportunity to break the generational cycle of poverty. The goals of the multi-site project are to increase 1) the number of low-income youth of color who go to and graduate from college and 2) the number of graduates who are financially literate and have the skills required to pursue meaningful employment and/or a career. The All Ways Up (AWU) VISTA Member will assist AWU in achieving these objectives and developing new project activities and sources of community support for 400 ALL WAYS UP scholars. Database experience, social media savvy, and a car are recommended.
1) Manage and update the AWU database, including the integration of existing and new applications to track and communicate with AWU scholars, donors, and community partners
2) Support and enhance student scholarship programs and all related events and activities, including developing blogs, webinars and workshops focused on financial literacy, workforce readiness, and the college-to-career transition
3) Expand the Summer Internship Program by developing relationships and securing opportunities and provide general support for the Program
4) Manage the Student Ambassador and Mentorship Programs for scholarship recipients by recruiting volunteer mentors, pairing students with mentors, and staying in regular contact with Student Ambassadors, mentors and participants
5) Research best practices and build an All Ways Up Alumni Program
6) Maintain and update the current social media/communications plan to enhance communication with target audiences
Monthly Stipend: Approximately $1,394.40 gross plus benefits listed below, including a potential freeze on all federal student loan payments for the service year.
Program Benefits : Health Coverage (details at: http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare), Childcare assistance if eligible, Living Allowance, Relocation Allowance, Training, Reimbursement for project related travel, Education award upon successful completion of service, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend.
Program: AmeriCorps VISTA- All Ways Up Capacity Building Project - Year 3
Program Start/End Date: 02/19/2019 - 02/18/2020
Work Schedule: Full Time
Education level: College graduate
Location: Culver City, CA
Contact: Ms. Taos Glickman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply at: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=85069&fromSearch=true
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
5800 Hannum AvenueSuite 100Culver City, CA 90230
- Resource Development / Management
- Program Management
- Financial Literacy
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Administrative Support
- 1 year