* Prepares citizens to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs.
* Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants; requesting and expediting repairs; verifying repair.
* Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms; driving and operating equipment; regulating water pressure; combating and extinguishing fires; rescuing and reviving people.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
* Provides information by completing reports.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; studying publications; participating in scheduled drills.
* Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Below is a brief list of the many perks and benefits we can offer to our volunteers:
- FREE Fire and/or EMS training
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $4,000)
- Retirement Benefit
- Health Insurance
- Loudoun County Credit Union
- Reduced personal property tax / Free County tax sticker
- Local business discounts
- Non-operational administrative volunteer opportunities
- Numerous other tangible benefits PLUS a sense of accomplishment, community, family, and camaraderie.
Lifting, Physical Fitness, Decision Making, Handles Pressure, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management** Call or Text 571-442-2801 more Info/to apply**
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple stations through Loudoun CountyCounty of Loudoun, VA 20175
- Disaster Response
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Search & Rescue
- First Aid / CPR
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hours a week
- Pass a physical which is provided. Complete Firefighter training which is provided.