Davenport - Volunteer to Host Canteen & Thank Donors - Lakeview Pkwy Site
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and Thank Donors - Observe them for any sign of reaction. Immediately report any adverse signs to the Charge. Provide refreshments to donors, pre/post donation.
- Provide refreshments to donors, pre/post donation. Encourage fluids. (Many donors need refreshments before/after donation to begin replacement of fluids and boost energy.)
- Keep countertops, tables, and all serving areas clean.
- Interact with donors and thank them for their donation.
- Be flexible to other duties as assigned by the Charge.
- Every Other Mon 4p - 7p
- 3rd & 5th Saturday 7a - 9:30a
Must be at least 16. Excellent opportunity for students! Short-term commitment is okay (at least 20 hrs, please)!Masks are mandatory for all Staff, Donors & Volunteers!
5500 Lakeview Parkway, Davenport, IA 52807, US
ImpactLife Vision: Be the recognized leader in translating emerging blood related service to enhance patients' lives. Mission: Provide world-class blood products and services to communities in need.
The Blood Center is a volunteer-based organization that involves volunteer blood donors, a voluntary board of trustees, and community volunteers. Volunteers provide a much needed and valued service to our donors, patients and staff. We serve over 115 hospitals in 4 states and utilize volunteers from many areas to assist in our operations. Headquarters for the organization, as well as component processing, is located in Davenport, Iowa.