Be Vital To Life! Volunteers Needed at our Davenport Center to Host Canteen and Thank Donors
18 people are interested
Basic Function: Observe donors for any sign of reaction and/or bleeding from the donation site. Immediately report any adverse signs to the Charge. Provide refreshments to donors, pre/post donation. Thank Donors.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Watch donors for early signs of impending reactions; key signs are: donor looks pale or sweaty, donor feels light headed or dizzy, donor puts head down.
- In all cases of a reaction, quickly and quietly get the attention of any staff member and stand by the donor to protect from possibly falling.
- Provide refreshments to donors, pre/post donation. Encourage fluids. (Many donors need refreshments before/after donation to begin replacement of fluids and boost energy.)
- Keep countertops, tables, and all serving areas clean.
- Interact with donors and thank them for their donation.
- Be flexible to other duties as assigned by the Charge.
Current Openings are: 3rd 4th and 5th Tuesday, 10 am - 1 pm; 4th Tuesday, 1 - 4 pm; Every Wednesday, 1 - 4 pm; Every Other Friday, 7 - 10 am; 2nd or 3rd Saturday, 7 - 9:30 am; 3rd Saturday, 9:30 - Noon
We'll work with your schedule.
5500 Lakeview ParkwayDavenport, IA 52807
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum - one or 2 shifts per month
- Time off when needed, Outgoing Personality