Be Vital To Life! Volunteers Needed at our Davenport Site to Host Canteen and Thank Donors
18 people are interested
Basic Function: Greet and Thank Donors.Observe them for any sign of reaction. Immediately report any adverse signs to the Charge. Provide refreshments to donors, pre/post donation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Watch donors for early signs of impending reactions; key signs are: donor looks pale or sweaty, donor feels light headed or dizzy, donor puts head down.
- In all cases of a reaction, quickly and quietly get the attention of any staff member and stand by the donor to protect from possibly falling.
- Provide refreshments to donors, pre/post donation. Encourage fluids. (Many donors need refreshments before/after donation to begin replacement of fluids and boost energy.)
- Keep countertops, tables, and all serving areas clean.
- Interact with donors and thank them for their donation.
- Be flexible to other duties as assigned by the Charge.
- Current Openings are: 1st Monday, 10 am - 1 pm; 4th Tuesday, 1 - 4 pm; Every Thursday, 1 - 3 pm; Every Other Friday, 7 - 10 am; 1st & 5th Friday, 10 am - 1 pm; 2nd & 4th Friday, 1 - 3 pm
About Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center
5500 Lakeview Parkway, Davenport, IA 52807, US
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center Vision: Be the recognized leader in translating emerging blood related service to enhance patients' lives. Mission: Provide world-class blood products and services to communities in need.
The Blood Center is a volunteer-based organization that involves volunteer blood donors, a voluntary board of trustees, and community volunteers. Volunteers provide a much needed and valued service to our donors, patients and staff. We service 89 hospitals in 4 states and utilize volunteers from many areas to assist in our operations. Headquarters for the organization, as well as all blood testing and component processing, is located in Davenport, Iowa.
We'll work with your schedule.
5500 Lakeview ParkwayDavenport, IA 52807
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum - one or 2 shifts per month
- Time off when needed, Outgoing Personality, Keep careful eye on donors post donation