Be Vital To Life! Volunteers Needed at our Davenport Site to Host Canteen and Thank Donors
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center
Basic Function: Greet and Thank Donors.Observe them for any sign of reaction. Immediately report any adverse signs to the Charge. Provide refreshments to donors, pre/post donation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Watch donors for early signs of impending reactions; key signs are: donor looks pale or sweaty, donor feels light headed or dizzy, donor puts head down.
- In all cases of a reaction, quickly and quietly get the attention of any staff member and stand by the donor to protect from possibly falling.
- Provide refreshments to donors, pre/post donation. Encourage fluids. (Many donors need refreshments before/after donation to begin replacement of fluids and boost energy.)
- Keep countertops, tables, and all serving areas clean.
- Interact with donors and thank them for their donation.
- Be flexible to other duties as assigned by the Charge.
- Current Openings are: 1st Monday, 10 am - 1 pm; Every Monday, 4 - 7 pm; 3rd, 4th and 5th Tuesday, 10 am - 1 pm; 4th Tuesday, 1 - 4 pm; 2nd and 4th Wednesday, 7 - 10 am; Every Thursday, 7 - 10 am; Every Other Friday, 7 - 10 am; 1st & 5th Friday, 10 am - 1 pm; 2nd Saturday, 7 - 9:30 am; 3rd & 4th Saturday, 7 - 9:30 am or 9:30 am - Noon
About Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center
5500 Lakeview Parkway, Davenport, IA 52807, US
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center Vision: Be the recognized leader in translating emerging blood related service to enhance patients' lives. Mission: Provide world-class blood products and services to communities in need.
The Blood Center is a volunteer-based organization that involves volunteer blood donors, a voluntary board of trustees, and community volunteers. Volunteers provide a much needed and valued service to our donors, patients and staff. We service 89 hospitals in 4 states and utilize volunteers from many areas to assist in our operations. Headquarters for the organization, as well as all blood testing and component processing, is located in Davenport, Iowa.