Special Olympics NC - Healthy Athletes "MedFest" Clinical Director - Triad Area
Special Olympics in the Triad area of North Carolina is seeking a Healthy Athletes "MedFest" Clinical Director to join the MedFest team. Special Olympics NC needs qualified medical professionals to assist with the organization of Healthy Athletes screening events. Qualifications as a licensed physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner is needed to volunteer.
MedFest was created to offer the physical exam that all athletes need prior to participating in Special Olympics sports programming. It is sometimes the first exposure these athletes have to medical care. In many cases, life-threatening conditions have been found and subsequently treated thanks to MedFest. Led by volunteer physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and medical students, the MedFest screening consists of the following stations: medical history, height and weight, blood pressure, cardiology test, musculoskeletal test, orthopedic tests, abdominal evaluation, and a check out station.Responsibilities:
- Work with the local Special Olympic program to coordinate a screening event in the Triad region.
- Recruit and train volunteer health professionals.
- Use Healthy Athletes Software (HAS) to document athletes' health status and needs during screenings.
If you are a medical professional and are interested in this field, please respond with your contact information so we can share more information regarding this essential volunteer opportunity.
We'll work with your schedule.
Special Olympics North CarolinaGreensboro, NC 27420
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 days per event, 2 to 4 hrs planning weekly
- 4 to 6 mths planning per event, 1 yearly event for 3 years