Special Olympics NC - Healthy Athletes "Strong Minds" Clinical Director - Triad Area
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Special Olympics in the Triad area of North Carolina is seeking a Healthy Athletes "Strong Minds" Clinical Director to join the Strong Minds team. Special Olympics NC needs qualified medical professionals to assist with the organization of Healthy Athletes screening events. Certificate and current licensure as a Mental Health professional (ie. Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Counselor) is needed to volunteer.
Strong Minds is an interactive learning activity focused on developing adaptive coping skills. Competition provides a natural opportunity to develop active strategies for maintaining emotional wellness under stress, such as: thinking positive thoughts, releasing stress and connecting with others.
- Work with the local Special Olympic program to coordinate a screening event in the Triad region.
- Recruit and train volunteer health professionals.
- Use Healthy Athletes Software (HAS) to document athletes' health status and needs during screenings.
If you are a medical professional and are interested in this field, please respond with your contact information so we can share more information regarding this essential volunteer opportunity.
We'll work with your schedule.
Special Olympics North CarolinaGreensboro, NC 27420
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 days per event, 2 to 4 hrs planning weekly
- 4 to 6 mths planning per event, 1 yearly event for 3 years