Special Olympics NC - Healthy Athletes "Special Smiles" Clinical Director - Triad Area
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Special Olympics in the Triad are of North Carolina is seeking a Healthy Athletes "Special Smiles" Clinical Director to join the Special Smiles team. Special Olympics NC needs qualified medical professionals to assist with the organization of Healthy Athletes screening events. Certificate and current licensure as a Dentist or Dental Hygienist is needed to volunteer.
The Special Smiles discipline of Healthy Athletes provides comprehensive oral health care information, including offering free dental screenings and instructions on correct brushing and flossing techniques. Special Smiles has demonstrated remarkable success in creating awareness and improving access to dental care for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.Responsibilities:
- Work with the local Special Olympic program to coordinate a screening event in the Triad region.
- Recruit and train volunteer health professionals.
- Use Healthy Athletes Software (HAS) to document athletes' health status and needs during screenings.
If you are a medical professional and are interested in this field, please respond with your contact information so we can share more information regarding this essential volunteer opportunity.
We'll work with your schedule.
Special Olympics North CarolinaGreensboro, NC 27420
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 days per event, 2 to 4 hrs planning weekly
- 4 to 6 mths planning per event, 1 yearly event for 3 years