Zoo Crew Volunteer
17 people are interested
If you love animals and conservation, we may have the volunteer opportunity for you! Our Zoo Crew volunteers help in many areas at the Virginia Zoo. Volunteers can start off as an Exhibit Host or Cart Interpreter, educating guests about animals and interesting "bio-facts" like skulls and turtle shells. You can also help our Horticulture team maintain our beautiful 53-acre facility by weeding, planting, trimming, and mulching. Volunteers can assist during special events by serving food or drinks, supervising bounce houses, making crafts with kids, or even face painting. For those looking for an indoor environment, we also have administrative projects throughout the year.
What are some of the benefits to volunteering with us?
- Regular updates about the zoo and animals
- Hands-on experience relevant to a career in the zoo and aquarium field
- Flexible scheduling
- Supportive training and mentoring
- Part of a dynamic and diverse team
- Discounts in our gift shop and restaurants
- Discounted or free admission to other local institutions
- Recognition awards and social events
- And much more!
Available opportunities and volunteer applications are located on our website at www.virginiazoo.org/zoo-crew
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Virginia Zoo3500 Granby StreetNorfolk, VA 23504
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Must submit an application online at www.virginiazoo.org/zoo-crew