Pet Therapy Opportunities Available
2 people are interested
We have immediate openings for Pet Therapy volunteers at Bethesda Hospital (St. Paul)! Volunteer with your pet to visit patients and bring added joy to their lives.
- Age requirement: 18 or older
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to interact with a diverse population.
- Comfortable interacting professionally with patient’s and visitor
- Certificate of Obedience Training
- Proof of Health Certificate
- Certificate of Good Citizenship and Pet Therapy Certification
- Each pet is covered by insurance through their owner or Pet Therapy Certification Program
All volunteers get free parking, a meal voucher to use in the cafeteria during his/her shift, and the chance to make a difference each and every day!
Learn how you can be a part of our volunteer team! Contact a volunteer coordinator below:
Bethesda Hospital: Melissa Rousu 651-232-2191 MJRousu@healtheast.org
St. John’s Hospital: Katy Engelby 651-232-7041 KSEngelby@healtheast.org
St. Joe’s Hospital: Michele Sahar 651-232-3756 MLSahar@healtheast.org
Woodwinds Hospital: Julie Slipka 651-232-0982 JASlipka@healtheast.org
To apply directly, please visit https://www.fairview.org/Volunteering
We'll work with your schedule.
Bethesda Hospital559 Capitol BoulevardSt Paul, MN 55103
- Animal Therapy
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 100 hours