Women's Animal Center, Marketing Volunteer
14 people are interested
Marketing volunteers write bios for and take photos of our adoptable animals. They also assist our Development & Community Programs Coordinator at community events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing volunteers will be responsible for the actions below at minimum; other duties may be assigned.
- Take photographs of our adoptable animals
- Write positive and interesting bios of our adoptable animals to provide more information to potential adopters
- Make a regular commitment so that the program can be successful
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with other volunteers, staff and members of the public
- Connect with others and develop relationships
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Basic knowledge of dog breeds, cats, and animal behavior.
- Treats all animals with respect and compassion at all times without exception.
- Follows procedures to access and handle animals in a safe manner to protect the safety of the animal as well as the person handling it.
- Must follow safety standards and procedures and work to ensure a safe environment for animals, the public, other volunteers, and employees.
- Must maintain a consistent, pleasant and non-judgmental demeanor with staff, volunteers, other agencies and the public
- Must attend an information session, a cat handling orientation in order to take cat photos, and an introduction to shelter dogs workshop in order to take dog photos.
- Attend a marketing workshop (optional but preferred).
We'll work with your schedule.
3839 RichlieuBensalem, PA 19020
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We prefer our marketing volunteers to come 1x/week