Your Gift of Time is Precious... Spend it with a Hospice Patient
6 people are interested
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care needs compassionate volunteers to provide friendly visits to our patients in the Dover and throughout central Delaware. Being a hospice volunteer is simple, yet profoundly rewarding. There is no medical or personal care involved - just caring from the heart! Visits are based on your schedule and are always close to your home. You receive extensive support and training from Seasons Hospice. YOU can make a difference by...
- Providing companionship (from simple conversations to exploring deep feelings)
- Reading aloud or listening to music together
- Looking at photos together and sharing memories (life review)
- Sitting with a patient so caregivers have free time (care giver relief)
- Journaling (helping the patient record their history)
- Watching movies or playing games
- Sharing a quiet moment
- Simply being present
Contact Seasons Hospice today! For more information about volunteering with Seasons Hospice check out our website at www.seasons.org. Or contact Rebekah Welch, Volunteer Coordinator, at 302-533-3800 or email@example.com.
About Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of DE
220 Continental Drive, Suite 407, Newark, DE 19713, US
Honoring Life - Offering Hope
Seasons Hospice is a community-based organization with an ongoing mission to find creative solutions that add quality to end of life care. The focus is on the patient and the family rather than the disease; the goal is to improve the quality of life that remains.
We'll work with your schedule.
Dover Metro AreaDover, DE 19901
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Music Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible - we will work with your schedule!
- TB Test, Fingerprinting, Drug Screening