GO Project Community Engagement Administrative Volunteer
2 people are interested
GO Project: Who We Are and What We Do
The GO Project shapes the futures of low-income New York City public school children by providing critical academic, social and emotional support starting in the early elementary years. GO provides year-round educational and family support services to children who are performing below grade level and equips them with the confidence and skills needed to succeed at school, at home and in life.
GO Project: How YOU Can Help
In order to ensure a smooth and effective program, the Community Engagement Administrative Volunteer will assist the program team during the weekday in critical programmatic and administrative tasks, such as: filing paperwork, scanning documents, interviewing families throughout the stages of student enrollment, communicating with current families, and program set-up as needed. The volunteer opportunity is flexible, with options to come to the office Tuesdays, Wednesday, or Thursdays from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm or 2:00 - 5:00 pm January through May 2019.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited, to the following:
Data Collection and Organization
- Create, file, and organize student folders for new student applicants
- Support with the collection of all student data including student applications, report cards, ELA and Math scores, IEPs, and other information for all enrolled and prospective GO students.
- Scan documents of current students, electronically file them into our online database, and file them into our physical files
- Ensure complete accuracy of the Education Edge database in relation to the physical student files
GO Families Engagement
- Contact current returning families as needed to:
- Collect necessary paperwork
- Follow up on program attendance
- Share communication on special events
- Follow up with parents of new student applicants to ensure that they complete the full application process, including:
- Submitting all necessary documents
- Scheduling and attending an interview with a program team member
- Ensure timely response to GO Project emails and phone calls
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by the GO staff
- A positive and engaged approach to all designated responsibilities
- Punctual and consistent attendance
- Ongoing communication with the Community Engagement Team on tasks and feedback
- Commitment from January to May
- Three hours a week to be completed on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday morning or afternoon
The volunteer opportunity will take place at the main office, located at 50 Cooper Square, 3 rd Floor, New York, NY 10003.
Benefits: How Can We Help YOU
- Personal gratification through enhancing the lives of young learners
- Being part of a vibrant and diverse GO Project community of students, teachers, volunteers, and staff
- Commitment to educational equity a must
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the emerging needs of the program on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to manage relationships with a diverse set of community stakeholders
- Professional work habits
- Bilingual (Spanish/Chinese) preferred
How to Apply
- Cover Letter/Personal Statement
- Personal reference
If interested, please e-mail cover letter and resume to Charlotte Karol, Community Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. Indicate ADMINISTRATIVE VOLUNTEER in the subject line.
The GO Project is an equal opportunity employer.
50 Cooper Square, 3rd FloorNew YorkNew York, NY 10003
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach