Harvest Kitchen - Culinary Education
2 people are interested
HARVEST KITCHEN - CULINARY EDUCATION
Harvest Kitchen is our culinary job training program for youth ages 16-19 involved with the RI Department of Children, Youth, and Families or Foster Care services. Youth create value-added products using ingredients sourced from local farms - often reducing food waste by utilizing B-grade and surplus produce. Products are sold at farmers markets and in our local foods Cafe.The Opportunity
On weekday mornings and afternoons, help trainees with hands-on culinary work to create value-added products, education, and youth development in a hectic kitchen environment.
- For individuals interested in hands-on culinary work and youth development in a hectic kitchen environment
- Work alongside our youth trainees and chef educators on the production of value-added products such as our signature Apple Chips, Stewed Tomatoes, Pickles, and more
- Assist with implementation and hands-on culinary activities
Mondays - Fridays
10:30am - 1:30pm
3:30pm - 6:30pm
We are looking for regular volunteers who can work for us for at least 2-3 months.
On-the-job training will be provided.
Background check required.
We'll work with your schedule.
2 Bayley StreetPawtucket, RI 02860
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Regular commitment for at least 3 months
- Background Check Required