Help Bring Travelers Together with a Community Meal at beautiful Fort Mason!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers to help cook a community meal for our international guests at HI San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hostel
Community meals are a great way to bring people together from various backgrounds and parts of the world to learn about one another.
Volunteers are responsible or cooking and serving meal, facilitating conversation between guests and cleaning up.
We can work with the volunteer on when is best for scheduling community meal based on their schedule and hostel needs.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Participate in fun appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
We'll work with your schedule.
Building 240, Fort MasonSan Francisco, CA 94123
- Cooking / Catering
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Group Facilitation
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training