Garden Pool Apprentice - Use Your Creativity to Inspire the Public!
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Do you want to learn to design, build, and maintain hydroponic garden systems? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact in your community?
Garden Pool Apprentices have the opportunity to directly impact the lives and practices of the people living in their own communities. By overseeing Garden Pool’s public garden displays and running the GP hotline, Garden Pool Apprentices will be helping the public receive the knowledge, skills, and supplies they need to create their own unique garden systems. Supervising and maintaining hydroponics displays for our Headquarters and local Seed Library programs will give Apprentices the opportunity to personally improve the public’s perception and understanding of sustainability, while also improving local access to nutritious and biodiverse food.
As a part of the Design and Build Team, Apprentices will have the opportunity to train alongside Dennis McClung, Goodwill Ambassador and Founder/CEO of Garden Pool. Garden Pool Apprentices will take part in strengthening environmental and economic resiliency through innovative garden system construction and design.
Projects and responsibilities of the Garden Pool Apprenticeship involve:
- Collaborating with the Seed Library team to maintain hydroponic displays and systems in various library locations
- Volunteering at the Garden Pool Headquarters to manage hydroponics displays and fish tanks
- Providing g arden and aquatic knowledge to Garden Pool clientele (and/or being willing to learn)
- Learning valuable 3D modeling skills using the SketchUp software
- Participating in contruction projects like building Garden Pools, constructing Seed Library cabinets, and making hydroponic kits and displays
- The ability to hold, carry, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Would ideally have a pick-up truck or other large vehicle for transporting equipment and other supplies
Volunteer Location: 659 E. Main Street, Suite 110, Mesa, AZ 85203
Weekly Time Commitment: 9 hours per week
THIS IS AN IN-PERSON VOLUNTEER POSITION ONLY.
If this opportunity sound like a perfect fit for you, please contact us! We look forward to hearing from you soon!
We'll work with your schedule.
659 E. Main StreetSuite 110Mesa, AZ 85203
- Resource Development / Management
- Aquarium Maintenance
- Orientation or Training
- approximately 9 hours per week