3 people are interested
Essential Theatre’s mission is to nurture and produce new works by Georgia playwrights and to enrich our audience’s experience by actively engaging them in the process. Our vision is a thriving, dynamic American theatre community in which Georgia playwrights are a recognized and celebrated part.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit employing a diverse group of participants and catering to an equally diverse audience. To help us further promote our mission and grow our company as we move forward from our 20th Festival in 2018, Essential Theatre is in search of board members who are passionate about our mission to elevate Georgia's playwrights and engage Georgia's theatre audiences and situated in a manner to tangibly do so.
If you fall into one or more of the following categories, enjoy dynamic theatre and want to get involved by serving on our board, contact us today:
- A CPA, accountant, or bookkeeper
- A person with ties to a large corporation that may be able to facilitate charitable giving and/or corporate sponsorship.
- A person well seated in the Atlanta West End community who has contacts with community philanthropists with a history of or an interest in supporting the arts.
- An entrepreneur or business manager who has successfully started and run a small business.
- A lawyer who may wish to provide assistance with legal matters. Primary topics include nonprofit management, fundraising, and intellectual property.
- A person with a strong experience in marketing/public relations/social media, preferably in marketing for a nonprofit organization.
- A person with skills in event planning and/or fundraising.
Board Members should have a passion for new plays and are asked to attend a majority of quarterly board meetings (either in person or via phone/video conference), attend company productions during the Festival and miscellaneous events throughout the year when possible, support the company with a financial contribution and help the company with fundraising activities.
Essential Theatre is an equal opportunity organization and seeks Board Members without regard to sex, race, creed or sexual orientation. If you know of any qualified person who may be interested in serving in this capacity, please share this opportunity with them!
Online Board Member Application: https://goo.gl/forms/cfOIqCV1IwRUkYFH2
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- Brand Development & Messaging
- 10-20 hours annual commitment