Seasonal Holiday Volunteers Needed!
1 person is interested
You can get involved and help with excess food deliveries, without committing longterm to volunteering!
Want to volunteer over the holidays? We are looking for volunteers to help us rescue food this holiday season! Help us keep food from going to waste by rescuing it from donors and delivering it to area agencies that serve the hungry, homeless, and at-risk populations! In 2017 our volunteers rescued over 2 million pounds of food and we would love your help!
- Interacting with donor organizations
- Boxing and loading food donations into Table to Table van
- Transporting food to recipient organizations such as community pantries, shelters, preschools, etc.
- Unloading food
Most volunteer shifts start between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM or 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM and run around 2 hours. Routes run Monday-Saturday. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-337-3400 more information.
840 S Capitol StreetIowa CityIowa City, IA 52240
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Relationship Building
- Bus/Van Driving
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly shift or 1-2 shifts a month as an alternate