Public Health Policy Intern
8 people are interested
The Public Health Policy Intern will provide project coordination and administrative tasks in preparation of PCCS' June 2019 operational site visit by the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA). As a Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) People's Center is required to meet with federal program officers to ensure oversight and compliance of all federally funded program elements including clinical and population health outcomes, board governance, financial and billing assurances, etc.
This position will interface with the CEO, CCO, CFO, COO, board members and other key staff and leadership in helping to follow HRSA operational site visit protocol and ensuring that PCCS has the required and updated policies, procedures and documentation.
PCCS is a nationally recognized community health center, delivering high-quality, affordable and culturally relevant care to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. For 50 years, People's Center has stood as a beacon of hope in the global village of Cedar Riverside - a neighborhood that has long been the first stop for new Americans. PCCS' mission is to deliver affordable healthcare, inspire hope and promote community wellness.
- Pursuing a master's degree in public health or public policy with demonstrated interest in health care policy
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding project management and corrdination skills
- Self-motivated and team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment
- 10-15 hours per week, Mon - Fri
- January - May/June 2019
Fill out student learning and internship application form at www.peoples-center.org/learning
People's Center Clinics & Services425 20th Avenue SouthMinneapolis, MN 55454
- Strategic Planning
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week, Mon-Fri