ESOL Volunteer Tutor
4 people are interested
Position Title: ESOL Volunteer Tutor
Purpose: Help adult students improve their English language skills.
- Conduct lessons using provided curricula
- Create lessons and deliver instruction based on a student-centered approach
- Contribute at least six months of volunteer tutoring on a once or twice-weekly basis for two to four hours of instruction each week
- Submit a monthly tutor report by the 5th of each month for one-to-one tutoring sessions or submit a weekly class sign-in sheet for small groups
- Complete all entry level training sessions
- Complete a minimum of two supplemental trainings throughout the year
- Participate in the tutor coaching program
Training: Prospective tutors are required to complete all training sessions before being matched with an individual student or a small group of students. The training is designed to address the specific strategies and issues relevant to adult learning and the intake process. Please see the calendar: www.readingconnections.org for upcoming training dates.
Time Commitment: Tutors are asked to meet with their student for 2-4 hours each week for at least six months.
- Enthusiastic about reading, writing, and the English language
- Patient with students
Scheduling and Tutoring Sites: The meeting day(s), time(s) and site will be selected at the mutual convenience of both the tutor and student as indicated on applications.
We'll work with your schedule.
122 N. Elm StreetSuite 920GreensboroGreensboro, NC 27401
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training