Veteran Resource Center, Dublin LIbrary
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
10 people are interested
Veteran Resource Center
Veterans Connect @ The Library
Both Dublin and Fremont Main libraries need volunteer Benefits Coaches and Community Outreach Specialists to staff the new Veteran Resource Centers upon opening this December:
- Veteran Benefits Coaches: Serve as a point of contact to ensure that veterans and their families know how to get connected to state and federal benefits and services earned through military service. Benefits coaches will staff the library Veteran Resource Center (VRC), schedule appointments, provide resource information, maintain contact records and report data to library staff.
Qualifications: Responsible, organized, patient, good listener and familiar with military life, issues, challenges with a commitment to helping and servicing veterans and their families. Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect personal boundaries. Staff a minimum 2-hour shift per week at the VRC.
Basic computer and internet skills. Successful completion of all training for this position.
- Community Outreach Specialists: Identify and participate in veteran events and programs to speak on behalf of the Library’s Veteran Resource Center, and do outreach programs for veterans. Veteran work study recipients welcomed.
Qualifications: Responsible, organized, patient, good listener and familiar with military life, issues, challenges with a commitment to helping and servicing veterans and their families. Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect personal boundaries. Basic computer and internet skills. Successful completion of all training for this position.
Experience and willingness to promote the VRC in the community through presentations at veteran service organizations and library programs, recruit new veterans and VRC volunteers, assist at community events and library programs for veterans, and reach out to underserved veterans and their families successfully.
Volunteer training and support are provided: Required training is provided via online training modules. Additional training will be offered by the library or via webinars or on-ground workshops from CalVet of other Veteran Service Organizations on an as-needed basis.
The purpose of the Veterans Connect @ the Library program is to help reintegrate California veterans into the California workforce and our communities to provide them with the quality of life of other Americans. The goals for this grant are to:
- Provide veterans and their family members with information regarding benefits and local service information in the areas of housing, employment, health, and education, and to provide links to other local organizations serving veterans, especially local County Service Offices, CalVet, and the Federal VA
- Increase registered veterans through the use of myCalVet
- Increase California veteran benefit claims
- Increase use of libraries by veterans and their families
200 Civic PlazaDublin, CA 94568
- Veteran Care
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Coach 2+-hour shifts/week, Outreach varies
- Please see Job Description