Summer Nature Camp Leaders in Training at the Environmental Nature Center!
21 people are interested
"Leaders in Training" are amazing high school students that help with Nature Camps during school breaks. This is a perfect opportunity for volunteers who enjoy working with children, and it provides an excellent experience to include on a resume or college application. Although it is a volunteer position, applicants must interview with to be eligible. Students, not parents, are responsible for communicating with ENC staff regarding the Leaders in Training opportunity.
- Summer Nature Camp (June 22 - August 13)
- Mandatory two session commitment.
- Mandatory training date July TBD
Once we receive your application and reference form we will contact you to schedule an interview. Experienced L.I.T.’s, that have volunteered as JNs/LITs at the ENC in the past, need not submit a reference form or interview.
- Students must be enrolled in High School (Summer L.I.T.’s can be entering high school in the Fall).
- The Leader in Training Application and Reference Form (last two pages of the application) must be submitted before we call you to schedule your interview.
- You must have been interviewed by the Camp Director or Education Coordinator before volunteering.
- ALL Leaders in Training are required to attend training before volunteering.
- Please bring school paperwork that we need to fill out on your last day of volunteering.
About Environmental Nature Center
1601 16th Street, Newport Beach, CA 92663, US
To provide quality education through hands-on experience with nature.
The Environmental Nature Center, known simply to thousands of visiting students through the years as "The ENC", is 3.5 acres of what was once a litter-filled gully behind Newport Harbor High School. Today, it is a fascinating combination of 14 California native plant communities (ranging from a desert, to an oak woodland, to a fresh water marsh, to a redwood forest), wildlife habitats and walking trails. For over 30 years, the ENC has been shaped and caressed into a landscape for learning, a sanctuary from life's pressures and a place of preservation and instruction. Serving over 13,000 students and thousands of visitors annually, the ENC is recognized as a leader in education providing opportunities for increasing our community's knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
We'll work with your schedule.
1601 16th StreetNewport Beach, CA 92663
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Child Care
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 13
- 8 days, 8:30AM - 3:15PM