"Leaders in Training" are amazing high school students that help with Nature Camps during school breaks. This is a perfect opportunity for volunteers who enjoy working with children, and it provides an excellent experience to include on a resume or college application. Although it is a volunteer position, applicants must interview with to be eligible. Students, not parents, are responsible for communicating with ENC staff regarding the Leaders in Training opportunity.
- Summer Nature Camp (June 25 - August 17). Mandatory two session commitment. Mandatory training on 6/13/18 from 2:30PM to 5PM.
Once we receive your application and reference form we will contact you to schedule an interview. Experienced L.I.T.’s, that have volunteered as JNs/LITs at the ENC in the past, need not submit a reference form or interview.
- Students must be enrolled in High School (Summer L.I.T.’s can be entering high school in the Fall).
- The Leader in Training Application and Reference Form (last two pages of the application) must be submitted before we call you to schedule your interview.
- You must have been interviewed by the Camp Director or Education Coordinator before volunteering.
- ALL Leaders in Training are required to attend training before volunteering.
- Please bring school paperwork that we need to fill out on your last day of volunteering.
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Child Care
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- 8 days, 8:30AM - 3:15PM