Youth Empowerment Project
7 people are interested
Note: We love adults but this committee is run by teens for other teens. This group is a safe, empowering space exclusive to youth ages 20 and below.
Prevent consistently seeks opportunities to amplify youth voice and I am starting a new Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) that is recruiting membership --- add this to your resume!
Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) members meet once monthly for two hours at a local youth-friendly location (rotating between Camas, Salmon Creek and downtown Vancouver), then have small tasks to complete remotely as they are able/interested. Their primary objective is to boost substance abuse prevention and education efforts by amplifying Youth Now social media, however they will ultimately be charged with developing their own goals. Some opportunities include:
- Develop monthly just-for-fun social media surveys
- Browse and select monthly themed iPhone/android aesthetically pleasing wallpapers
- Offer guidance on monthly social media content calendar
- Review substance abuse research and develop youth-friendly prevention messaging
- Brainstorm and select monthly themes for content
- Submit Find Your Good pictures and encourage peers to enter submissions.
Ideally, YEP would reflect the diverse makeup of Clark County youth/young adult residents. This opportunity is funded by a marijuana prevention grant from the Washington State Department of Health, however no prior prevention experience is needed. This opportunity is volunteer/unpaid however Prevent will log volunteer hours and offer letters/certificates upon request.
We'll work with your schedule.
2500 NE 65th AveVancouver, WA 98661
- Social Media / Blogging
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a month depending on capacity
- Must be able to transport yourself. No substance misuse prevention experience required.