Information Technology (IT) Internship
7 people are interested
Put your energy and passion to use and become part of a local non-profit organization! Do you love to make a difference in the community you live in? Do you want to help an agency whose mission is to move people forward? Are you detailed-oriented, tech-savvy, and good at multi-tasking? Then this internship is perfect for you!
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the IT Intern is responsible for assisting with various technology-related tasks to ensure Waypoint’s programs run smoothly. Waypoint programs include: KidsPoint Child Care, Homeless & Housing Services, and Domestic Violence Victim Services.
Part-time with flexible hours between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Semester commitments are preferred, but can be adjusted to fit your schedule.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance of hardware, software, and other systems
- Troubleshoot issues with equipment like printers, computers, and servers
- Complete software updates/backups
- Develop new desktops, servers, and applications when needed
- Research hosting/system options
- Maintain updated phone list for the organization
- Perform phone system maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues with emails
- Send relevant IT information to staff as needed
- Responsible for tracking hardware and software inventory\
- On-site tech support for staff-may include traveling to other Waypoint locations
- Assist with other IT needs as assigned
- Pursuing or have completed a post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related fields
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with a variety of different technologies
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Real world experience providing tech support to an organization in the community
- Skills to utilize in the job market
Contact Brittany Appleton, Event & Volunteer Manager at 319.731.6118 or firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
We'll work with your schedule.
318 5th Street SECedar Rapids, IA 52401
- Data Entry
- Internet Research
- IT Consulting
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 18