Hilltop YMCA/Mid-Ohio Foodbank Produce Giveaway
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
31 people are interested
The Hilltop YMCA along with Mid-Ohio Food Bank and Hollywood Casino provide fresh produce once a month to those who qualify. This event occurs the third Wednesday of the month, except November.
The produce is on skids and volunteers work outside. Warmth, coffee and bathrooms are inside and volunteers are encouraged to rotate in and out. Please join us so that we can continue to provide nutrition throughout the year. Hunger doesn't know what season it is.
We are looking for volunteers to help us distribute 10,000 pounds of fresh produce. This food is given to local non profits to re-distribute to the community.
We are looking for people to help set up, distribute and tear down. THIS SHIFT IS FOR THE FULL EVENT.
Please wear comfortable clothing and dress for the weather. Closed toe shoes are a must.
About YMCA of Central Ohio
40 W Long St, Columbus, OH 43215, US
To serve the whole community through programs expressing Judeo-Christian principles that build a healthy spirit, mind & body.
Welcome to the Y. We're an inclusive organization of men, women and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility.Our Strength is in Community
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
- The Y is community centered. For nearly 160 years, we’ve been listening and responding to our communities.
- The Y brings people together. We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- The Y nurtures potential. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- The Y has local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
With a mission to serve the whole community through programs expressing Judeo-Christian principles that build a healthy spirit, mind and body, our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
We'll work with your schedule.
2879 Valleyview DrColumbusColumbus, OH 43204
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 10
- ability to lift, standing in elements, outside exposure