Girl Scouts Refugee Troop Volunteers - Prescott Elementary
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
This will be a new group at Prescott Elementary. If this is something you are interested in and would like to learn more about, please reach out to me as soon as possible.
You can be a positive presence in the life a girl refugee in Lincoln! The Girl Scout Refugee Program provides leadership opportunities to girls from refugee communities in Lincoln in the afterschool setting. Volunteers will spend 1 hour at the school leading the group weekly and getting to know the girls, and around 30-45 minutes per week planning activities. Volunteers will help plan activities based on the interests of the girls and Girl Scout outcomes. Girl Scouts pays for all supplies and curriculum needed for the group. Volunteers will be required to complete a background check, and are required to attend a 1.5 hour training. The ideal volunteer has the following characteristics:
- Patient, especially with girls that are still learning English.
- Flexible and able to change tactics or activities if it’s not going as planned.
- Respectful of all people, no matter their race or religion or ability or age.
- Personally reliable and good time management skills so you’re able to commit to attending and leading the group weekly without interruption.
- Willing to learn new things, get to know the girls, build their leadership ability, and be a positive, uplifting, accepting, and encouraging presence in the girls’ lives.
1930 S 20th St.Lincoln, NE 68502
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week