Join our In-Home Volunteer Training beginning July 25th!
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Hospice SLO County is looking for compassionate community members to become In-Home Volunteers! Join our upcoming In-Home Volunteer Training beginning on Thursday, July 25th! Classes will be held Thursdays from 1:30 - 6:00 pm at Hospice SLO County, 1304 Pacific St, San Luis Obispo.
For the past 40 years, Hospice SLO County has depended on the generosity and time of volunteers who offer their voices for kindness, listen with ears of compassion, and open their hearts with love. Volunteers like you are the center of the free non-medical support services we provide to individuals and their loved ones throughout the county.
In-Home Volunteers provide 3-4 hours per week of service. They offer respite care for caregivers, practical assistance, transportation, emotional support, companionship and comfort to individuals with a life-limiting illness and their families. They visit clients in their homes and long-term care facilities.
Next In-Home Volunteer Training:"
- Thursdays, 1:30 - 6:00 pm
- Jul 25, Aug 1, 8, 15, 21 & 29
- 1304 Pacific St, San Luis Obispo CA 93401
In-Home Volunteer Training topics include:
* Exploring personal attitudes about dying and death
* The history of hospice and current medical and non-medical approaches to end of life care
* Communication skills
* Spiritual, practical and emotional support needs of clients and families including family dynamics
* Anticipatory grief and bereavement
Preregistration is required. Space is limited.
Each participant receives a comprehensive training binder. This training is a pre-requisite for other trainings offered by Hospice SLO County including End-of-Life Doula, Grief Companions and Community Response.
To learn about our next In-Home Volunteer Training, please contact Hospice SLO County:
(805) 544-2266 or www.hospiceslo.org/workshops
1304 Pacific StSan Luis Obispo, CA 93401
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week (on average)
- TB Test