Help Us End Sexual Violence
10 people are interested
Organization: Ampersand Sexual Violence Resource Center of the Bluegrass
Vision Statement: Freedom from sexual violence.
Mission Statement: Support Individuals & Engage Communities
Title: Volunteer Advocate
Contact: Rachel Halliday, Volunteer Coordinator
- Support individuals affected by sexual violence at hospital emergency rooms in the 17 county region by providing on-site crisis counseling, information and support. Services are also provided to family members and friends of the survivor. Volunteers represent Ampersand as part of the Sexual Assault Response Team [SART], along with medical professionals and law enforcement
- Support Line Assistance
- Supports individuals affected by sexual violence by providing crisis counseling, information and support via telephone. Support services are also provided to family members and friends. Assist community members by providing information and referral to quality, local resources as requested.
Minimum Requirements of Volunteers:
- Must be 20 years of age or older
- Have access to reliable and confidential transportation
- Have a personal telephone
- Complete the 40-hour volunteer training
- Commit to six months of volunteer service
- Commit to at least 20 service hours a month
- Attend no less than two quarterly meetings for continuing education per year
- Willing to take an intersectional, anti-oppression approach to volunteering
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Receive high quality training on crisis counseling and victim’s advocacy
- Meet and work with a community committed to freedom from sexual violence
- Help individuals through a difficult time in their lives
- Discover intrinsic strengths and hone lifelong skills to benefit yourself and the community
- Assist Ampersand in growing our reach throughout the Bluegrass
Visit www.ampersandky.org/volunteer and submit a request for application.
About Ampersand Sexual Violence Resource Center
P.O. Box 1603, Lexington, KY 40588, US
Ampersand Sexual Violence Resource Center works to achieve freedom from sexual violence by supporting individuals and engaging communities.
Ampersand Sexual Violence Resource Center serves the Bluegrass Area Development District in Central Kentucky. Ampersand is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization providing a 24-hour support hotline, advocacy, medical accompaniment, and free counseling to survivors of sexual assault, their friends and families. We also work with community partners to provide free prevention education on topics such as healthy relationships, bystander intervention, bullying, and much more.
We'll work with your schedule.
Your CommunityLexington, KY 40588
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Counseling
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- at least 6 months service (20 hours a month)
- 40 hour volunteer training provided by Ampersand. Reliable and confidential transportation required.