Volunteer at Stanford Health Care!
66 people are interested
Most volunteer opportunities include assisting patients and families around the hospital and clinics, providing information and resources, running errands, collecting wheelchairs, delivering goods to patient rooms, and more. Volunteering roles are non-clinical in nature and are different from shadowing and unpaid internships. Any given volunteering opportunity includes elements of one or more of the following types of volunteering activities:
- Escort and orient patients through the facility, manage flow of patient traffic, provide patients and families with concierge type information, arrange for public transportation as necessary, and deliver amenities
- Greet patients and family members, provide wayfinding, act as a liaison between clinical staff and family members, keep lobby area neat, restock supplies, deliver amenities (listed above), bring patients to dressing area
- Assist in the instruction of chair exercise and mobility classes for seniors, connect with older adults by making weekly phone calls, collect data, provide program recommendations to older adults, assist with classes for oncology and neuroscience patients
- Support data entry records and light filing, interview inpatients on their experience using a set list of questions and record the answers into a database, support back office work important to patient care
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
300 Pasteur Dr, H1130HM/C 5603Palo AltoPalo Alto, CA 94305
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per week
- Onboarding will also include health clearance and online trainings