Project Duration: (in months)
6-12 months (Ongoing)
Role Summary: (Briefly explain the overview of the role in 1-2 sentences)
- Use citizen science to gather and validate data about the different foods and food-preparations from both traditional knowledge and current scientific enquiry.
- To make such data available for use by anyone in the world through online apps.
To Create an android native app. Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools. Write and maintain documentation for all features in development.
·Essential Tasks: (List down the essential tasks that individual perform in the job)
* Work closely with Product teams, business teams and other areas to understand and contribute to the execution of projects
* Assure execution of projects by delivering assigned tasks in a timely manner
* Ensure projects are deployed on time with little to no downtime
* Instill a level of confidence in technical knowledge in order to suggest and deliver solutions
* Understand and help execute the technical roadmap, including adjustments based on a dynamic business environment and priorities
* Provide technical leadership by helping to establish best practices, recommend design patterns, identify opportunities to refactor code, oversee project execution and mentor team members
* Provide quality solutions/applications, evaluate technologies and provide reference implementations
* Understand business requirements and make technical design decisions that fulfill them
* Participate and perform technical design reviews and code reviewsSkills & Competencies: (List all critical skills needed for this role. Be specific)
* Multithreading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
* Passion for analyzing and improving runtime efficiency and memory footprint.
* Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
* Public showcase and repository of Mobile Apps and work desirable.Software tools & Program knowledge: (List all software tools & program knowledge or experience critical for the role. Be specific)
* Web services
* Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
* Test Driven Development (TDD), Jenkins, Network layer like Volley, Retrofit Desired Skills
* Maven, Gradle, Git, Android Studio/Eclipse
"To help support you joining the right part of CrowdDoing for you, please use this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftd6E0tyV2uq7mMty1rZ80BB2MSGhbnof9gRBvaQXbrttIkg/viewform?usp=sf_link"
Mission Statement: CrowdDoing.world's Foods.& Herbs for Stress,Sleep & Anxiety Initiative aims to give people agency by educating people about their options with regards to their natural remedies for these aspects of their mental health. We do so by analyzing scientific research and clinical evidence, gathering new evidence through data science and citizen science, and recommending to individuals optimal combinations of teas, tinctures, and powders that can be used to achieve each individual's mental health goals. We conduct this research with the goal of allowing people to make informed decisions about their health and to increase access to healthy stress-coping alternatives. These healthy coping mechanisms can reduce reliance on harmful self-medication practices such as alcohol abuse or behavior likely to lead to opioid addiction. Value Proposition: Tinctures, teas and powders from herbal medicine combinations can represent better risk/reward ratios Through citizen science and data science over time we have the aspirational goal to meet and exceed evidence parity with regards to evidence of effectiveness for herbal medicines for stress & anxiety compared with pharmaceuticals. That mission is attractive for people to participate in as its an opportunity for global collaboration to create increasingly usable natural medicine for stress and anxiety. Each person can go upstream of their mental health challenges and adopt healthier coping mechanisms.
The only way CrowdDoing.world can realize its impact potential is through virtual volunteers,service learners(http://blog.reframeit.com/service-learning-and-skilled-volunteering/), and micro-leaders (https://real-leaders.com/leveraging-micro-leadership-to-make-aspirational-goals-achievable/) coming together.
See this brief video aboutMicro-leadership at CrowdDoing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhdB2YJ8Ocs&app=desktop). Micro-leadership means that each person adopts a dimension of responsibility for a collective problem in our society through collaborating on that area creatively individually and together through social innovation.
You are also welcome to see more background on CrowdDoing at our Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoL7fai7oa95fBo44FC0gA?sub_confirmation=1).
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/CrowdDoing-515295062320613) ,
LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/18910309/ ).
You can see a CrowdDoing Volunteering FAQ here.
If you have any questions about processes for joining crowddoing as a volunteer please write to email@example.com